Because Magnetech Industrial Services is a transformer repair and re-manufacture service (rather than an OEM), we have the advantage of being able to do comparative analysis and design of all manufacturers worldwide. With our years of experience, we are able to see what works and what doesn’t. Our unique position allows us to perform reverse engineering to verify the unit meets the stated nameplate data, then do forward design to make the unit the same or better.
Transformer Repair, Rewind, and Remanufacture
Magnetech reconditions, repairs and remanufactures all manner of oil filled, dry type core-form and shell form transformers.
- 100 KVA – 25,000 KVA (base rating), <= 69 KV – rectangular layer, circular layer, circular disc, circular helical and shell form design
- Substation transformers
- Unit substation, padmount, distribution transformers
- Furnace transformers
- Rectifier transformers
- Network transformers
- Precipitator transformers
- Train transformers
- Mobile substations
- Voltage regulator maintenance
- Download our Sales Sheet PDF
Transformer Field Repair Services
In the field, Magnetech is skilled in regasketing, and in the repairing and replacing of coolers, valves, fans, controls, wiring and accessories.
- Bushing Replacement
- Turnkey Services – transformer relocation, assembly, installation, commissioning
- Internal Inspection and Repair – lead repair, no load tap changer (NLTC) repair, re-blocking
- Fluid Service – oil reclamation, oil dehydration, oil degasification, vacuum filling, vacuum dry-out
- Load Tap Changer (LTC) Inspection and Maintenance
Transformer Oil Testing Services
Transformer oil can unfortunately be an overlooked maintenance issue. Magnetech is prepared for: oil testing, sampling, interpretation, recommendation and execution of such.
- In-service insulating liquid
- Solid insulation testing
- Dissolved gas analysis (DGA), oil screen/liquid screen (OS/LS), Karl Fischer moisture (KF), liquid power factor (PF), inhibitor, dissolved metals (ICP), Furan, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB), and degree of polymerization (DP)
- Sampling services
- Download our Oil Testing Services PDF