You make tough decisions every day. Let Magnetech help you make the choice easier for your locomotive main generator rewinds, locomotive main generator repairs, alternator remanufacturing, and traction motor repairs and remanufacturing.
Magnetech Industrial Services is certified by the Association of American Railroads (AAR) as compliant with its M-1003 Quality Assurance Standards for rebuild of traction motors and locomotive main and auxiliary generators and alternators. This nationally recognized standard is significant to Magnetech’s clients, including Class I, short line and transit rail lines throughout the United States and Canada.
We offer our customers the highest level of quality, cost savings and on-time delivery. Your locomotive components will be repaired, upgraded or completely remanufactured to original OEM specifications.
HEAVY RAIL REMANUFACTURING
Locomotive auxiliary and main generator rewind, locomotive auxiliary and main generator repair, locomotive alternator rewind and repair, traction motor remanufacturing.
- EMD AR10/11/15/20 and TA 17/20/22 alternators
- EMD D12/22/32 main generators
- GE 5GMG186/187/194/196/197 main alternators
- Rebuild of Utex cooling fans, auxiliary generators, dynamic brake grid blowers and inertial air motors
- Complete stator/rotor rewinds, stator core iron repair and/or renewals available on EMD/GE generators and alternators
- Repairs and remanufacturing of EMD and GE traction motors
- Sales and remanufacturing of ALCO main alternators and generators
- New and remanufacturing of D29 & 761 traction motors
- Upgrade services D29 to D31
AUXILIARY ROTATING & COOLING EQUIPMENT
- Cooling fans
- AC and DC auxiliary generators
- Dynamic brake grid blowers
- Traction motor blowers
- Complete stator/rotor rewinds, stator core iron repair and/or renewals are available on EMD/GE auxiliary cooling equipment
Magnetech manufactures electro-lifting magnets for the railroad industry. Our RAIL line of magnets – designed for use in the removal and clean-up of track- are suitable for tie plate, rail, rail spikes, rail wheels, slabs, plate, rebar, scrap, spreader beam application.
- Standard 230 VDC (special voltages available)
- Railroad duty
- Copper or aluminum windings, 75% duty cycle
- Customized pole shoes or lifting ears
- Class H insulating materials
- Available in various sizes
LOCOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL/PNEUMATIC CONTROL RECONDITIONING
Magnetech has a reconditioning solution for locomotive controls with obsolete and worn components. As components reach the end of their useful life, our customers are faced with the difficult challenge of sourcing obsolete replacement parts. We can dismantle, clean and rebuild reversers, braking switches and electro-pneumatic contactors.