With railroads providing more than 40 percent of the United States intercity freight transportation (more than any other mode), it’s important to keep your operations at peak productivity and to reduce maintenance and labor costs. Magnetech’s M-1003 certified Quality Assurance System for rebuild of traction motors and main and auxiliary generators and alternators provides quality you can trust. We can manage your AC/DC traction motor unit exchanges through our Total Motor Management program. To keep your equipment in prime operating condition, or when a breakdown occurs, you can depend on us to provide timely and professional support.
- A single, reliable source for a wide selection of on-site and shop services.
- Proven support to reduce operating costs by minimizing downtime, improving efficiency and extending equipment service life.
- Responsive to your needs 24/7
- AAR M-1003 quality certification
Heavy Rail Remanufacturing
- EMD AR10/11/15/20 and TA 17/20/22 alternators
- EMD D12/22/32 main generators
- GE 5GMG186/187/194/196/197 main alternators
- Rebuild of Utex cooling fans, auxiliary generators, dynamic brake grid blowers and inertial air motors
- Complete stator/rotor rewinds, stator core iron repair and/or renewals available on EMD/GE generators and alternators
- Repairs and remanufacturing of EMD and GE traction motors
- Sales and remanufacturing of ALCO main alternators and generators
- New and remanufacturing of D29 & 761 traction motors
- Upgrade services D29 to D31
- Locomotive truck repair
Auxiliary Rail Rotating and Rail Cooling Equipment
- Cooling fans
- AC and DC auxiliary generators
- Dynamic brake grid blowers
- Traction motor blowers
- Complete stator/rotor rewinds, stator core iron repair and/or renewals are available on EMD/GE auxiliary cooling equipment
Magnetech manufactures electro-lifting magnets for the railroad industry. Our RAIL line of magnets – designed for use in the removal and clean-up of track- are suitable for tie plate, rail, rail spikes, rail wheels, slabs, plate, rebar, scrap, spreader beam application.
- Standard 230 VDC (special voltages available)
- Railroad duty
- Copper or aluminum windings, 75% duty cycle
- Customized pole shoes or lifting ears
- Class H insulating materials
- Available in various sizes
Locomotive Electrical and Pneumatic Control Reconditioning
Magnetech has a reconditioning solution for locomotive controls with obsolete and worn components. As components reach the end of their useful life, our customers are faced with the difficult challenge of sourcing obsolete replacement parts. We can dismantle, clean and rebuild reversers, braking switches and electro-pneumatic contactors.
- Overhead crane and hoist maintenance
- Service & emergency repair
- Control conversions & upgrades
- OSHA compliance inspections
- Monthly preventive maintenance programs
- Electrification systems
- Installation, start-up and rated load testing
- Rigging and sling inspections
- Railyard remote control systems